Have you ever wanted to adjust your shades because the sun’s position had changed but were just too comfortably situated in your favorite recliner? Or perhaps you or someone in your family has difficulty rising from chairs due to a medical condition and needs to raise or lower window shades at certain times of the day? If so, motorized shades and blinds provide an affordable and efficient solution to these problems and others that may seem slight but are actually problematic when researching the many benefits of remote controlled window treatments.
Advantages of Motorized Window Treatments
Motorized window treatments are available in a variety of styles, including roman, pleated and sheer shades as well as draperies, curtains and even solar screens. By simply pressing a button, you can:
- Adjust hard-to-reach shades and blinds
- Easily regulate light intensities in any room, which can prevent rapid fading of home furnishings
- Control a room’s temperature according to the amount of sunlight permitted to enter that room
- Save time by simultaneously raising or lowering lower blinds or shades in rooms containing many windows
- Reduce glare on television screens due to a rising or setting sun without leaving your chair
- Eliminate the tangle and untidiness of cords needed to adjust non-motorized window treatments. This also enhances the safety of your home, especially if you have children and pets
- Motorized blinds and shades can also be equipped with timers that lower and raise automatically while you are away. This gives the impression that someone is physically inside the home and acts as an effective deterrent to potential thieves
- Facilitates cleaning of blinds and shades
In addition, automatically adjustable window treatments can be consolidated with other remote controlled systems existing in most homes. These systems include video and audio equipment, central heating and air conditioning, lighting, computers and business automation entities. By integrating motorized shades and blinds with these systems, you can simultaneously control the lighting, temperature, illumination level and sound ambiance of any room within your home, creating the most relaxing and comfortable environment possible.